School lunches are priced as below and meals must be paid for in advance. You can pay for students meals either via Parentpay, our online payment system where you can also track your child’s daily purchases or payment can be made via the card readers within school.
|Reception, Year 1 & 2||Free|
|Year 3 – 6||£2.00|
|Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & Post 16||£2.40|
Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in reception class, year 1 and year 2 will receive a universal free school meal – regardless of their parents’ income. However we recommend you still apply if you meet the criteria below as you may receive assistance with residential trips and the school could receive pupil premium which will help towards your child achieve their best at school.
We also have a new application form so as soon as you have completed the details you will find out straight away if you are eligible or not. You can also complete a basic form that you can obtain directly from the primary reception for primary children and the secondary reception for secondary students.
You should apply for Free School Meals if as a family you receive any of the below benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
If you have any further questions regarding this please contact the Primary Office for Primary children and Philippa Darbandi for Secondary students.
Healthy Eating and Menus
Bradford Academy hot meal offering is changed weekly, a new menu is brought out every Friday for the following week. The menu includes all aspects the healthy eating guidline mainly following:
- We only have fried foods once a week, Thursday being our day for fried chips.
- Sausage and processed meat products are used once fortnightly.
- No chocolate is used in our home baking.
- No sweets, crisps, chocolate bars or drinks with added sugar are available.
- Condiments are only available in sachet form.
- No salt is available to be added to the food after cooking.
- All the cold drinks are school approved and without added sugar.
- Salad is offered with each main meal choice as well as two vegetables.
Besides the normal daily hot meal choice of either a meat or vegetarian meal we offer jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings. A large variety of baguettes, sandwiches, plated salads, pasta salads, chicken wraps with salad, yoghurts, fruit salad and grape pots. We have a theme day each month with our next one being an American day menu.