Building on our successes, we are delighted to have secured provision to extend our age range from 4-18. This development represents an innovative educational vision which extends the ethos, values, vision and mission of Bradford Academy to an All-through Academy. The existence of this provision will create further impetus to the drive to raise standards, promote social cohesion and ensure progression for the community and families within our locality. The Academy is already a successful hub for a diverse range of educational opportunities and community development and is playing an increasing role in enriching the economic and social well-being of the community. This development broadens the scope of multi-agency and locality working to address the key social learning issues of literacy, citizenship, enterprise, health and skills for life. We will also build upon our practice of a highly personalised curriculum, partnership working with parents and families to transform educational opportunities for our learners and others.
We currently have nursery and reception provision on our site and this will extend each year as students progress through years 1 – 6. Students will be guided by our distinctive ethos in preparation for adult life. This is underpinned by the following principles:
- High quality education and a thirst for life-long learning with an additional emphasis on the Academy’s specialism of Citizenship with Enterprise
- Enable everyone to enjoy success and achievement
- Promote confidence and a strong sense of personal worth
- Have high expectations which will be reflected in the targets set for staff and students alike
- Harness the energies of children, students, staff and parents to establish a genuine partnership with the Academy for the benefit of all
- Establish a business-like ethos by beliefs in values and attitudes such as hard work, honesty, respect and concern for others
- Provide quality opportunities for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our children and young people
Meeting all the requirements of the statutory curriculum for Early years and Foundation Stage and the benefits of being located on a successful secondary site, our provision is now successfully established. We are working with local primary networks to ensure our students benefit from the very best practice.