Train to teach with Bradford Academy
Do you want to make a difference?
If you are interested in a future that guides, shapes and inspires children
then teaching is the career for you. As a positive, collaborative learning
community, Teach BA at Bradford Academy can offer:
If you are interested in a future that guides, shapes and inspires children then teaching is the career for you. As a positive, collaborative learning community, Teach BA at Bradford Academy can offer:
· Hands on school-led teacher training with personalised support bespoke to your subject with the opportunity to be fully immersed in school life from day one
· Platinum standard awarded professional development with highly experienced lead practitioners in a friendly environment
· An all-through education experience from 2 – 19 years within a school shortlisted in Community and Collaboration for the prestigious TES School Awards
· Tailored advice and information about teaching
· Access to partnerships in the area
· Potential to secure a full time teaching role in the Academy at the end of the course
· QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
· PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) – accredited by Bradford College
Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science (inc. IT), English, Health & Social Care, Maths, MFL (Spanish), Physics, Religious Studies, Science with PE, and Primary. We can also provide access to subject knowledge enhancement courses (SKEs) via Bradford College.
All academic components of the course are taught on site at Bradford College where you will also complete subject knowledge and independent study. Experienced course tutors at the college work closely with the mentors from the school to provide you with all the required support and guidance needed throughout the course.
Your training will focus on the skills that teachers need to be successful and development of your subject knowledge. You will have the opportunity to research your specialism and familiarise yourself with the changing curriculum requirements within schools. You will work alongside dedicated experts from day one. As a trainee you will experience your development in stages, starting with observations and working with individual learners, progressing to working with small groups, before eventually teaching full classes. All of this is done under the watchful eye of your supportive mentor within school.
· Subject appropriate Honours degree at 2:2 or above
· GCSE pass at grade C/4 or above in both English language (Grade B/5 preferable) and maths or a recognised equivalent qualification
· Pass a professional skills test in literacy & numeracy
· A satisfactory enhanced DBS check
· Whilst recent school work experience is not essential it is advisable where possible to undertake some prior to starting the course.
Fees : £9000 – student finance is available
Bursaries are available for some PGCE subjects. Please refer to
HOW TO APPLY
As with all teacher training, applications for the course are made through UCAS :
· Go to the www.ucas.com website and click on Teacher Training
· Click on Train to Teach in England
· Click on Find Postgraduate Teacher Training
· Search by school, university or other training provider
· Enter Bradford College (B60) as this is who is accrediting the course
· Select the subject you wish to teach
· Make a note of the training provider code and the training programme course as you will need them for the choices section of your application
· Ensure at the very top of your personal statement you clearly state in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS – TEACH BA ROUTE
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact: Samantha Taylor, 01274 256710 or email teachBA@bradfordacademy.co.uk.
We will be hosting three open events: Thursday 6 February, Thursday 5th March and Wednesday 13 May – all of which will be from 3.30pm until 5.30pm – which will provide you with the opportunity to experience for yourself how we make a difference every day with our young people.
We welcome you to contact us for more information and will be happy to help with any queries you may have regarding the process; we understand how important this decision is.
To register your interest and for guidance on how to apply please contact: Samantha Taylor, 01274 256710 or email teachBA@bradfordacademy.co.uk.