Art & Design
Our Curriculum Intent Statement
We teach Art and Design at Bradford Academy to :
- Stimulate lasting curiosity, skills, interest and enjoyment of the Arts from a variety of cultures and traditions.
- Create an atmosphere where learners are active participants and staff enjoy teaching so that they give of their very best.
- Enable learners to be familiar with principles, skills, techniques and vocabulary related to the Art and Design.
- Explore a range of creative skills and knowledge enabling learners to develop a personal response.
- Enable learners to see Art and Design as a major cultural feature and a part of a wider body of knowledge and skills.
- Enable learners to develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as politeness, perseverance, initiative, confidence, tolerance, awareness and group sensitivity.
- Enable learners to work independently and as part of a team in varied activities so that the Arts contribute to the development of core skills such as ICT, reading, writing, speaking and numeracy.
- Develop an awareness in learners of the implications of the Arts (past and present) for the individual, local, national and international communities.
- Enable learners to offer opinions and listening skills
- Develop Creativity and imaginative thought and to explore values, attitudes, feelings and meanings, promoting self-awareness, self-esteem, confidence and maturity.